Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Moving update

We are not moving after all. Hubby didn't get the job. It's good in a way. We won't have to deal with packing things up and moving them clear across the country. Our son won't have to leave his friends. And we won't have to worry about what to do with our house. I was getting kind of hyped up about moving though. I guess after spending 20 years with the military and having to move about every 4 years, you never really get over the moving bug. I was sort of looking forward to living in an area that had lots of big trees and not just the scraggly looking mesquites like we have here. At least now I don't have to worry about having to deal with the local public school superintendent. Whew! I haven't had to deal with the local school district in all these years and I wasn't looking forward to doing it now. Thank goodness! My son is happier too. Although I'm still not happy that my husband has to continue to work in another city and the fact that we only get to see him on weekends. We are still hoping that he will find a job that is closer to home. Until then, I'm happy to continue on with homeschooling my son in a state that is very homeschool friendly!

No comments: