Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ah Summer!

Summertime is upon us. Most of us take the summer off. We haven't had a summer off in several years. Usually my son is finishing up work that he didn't get completed during the normal school year due to this and that. This year he finished up his work one day after my "deadline". I was impressed. He finally kept to the schedule...well sort of. There are some things that I want him to work on over the summer, but they are for enrichment and to keep him busy. Mostly this summer he will be working on getting together with other teens in the area and practicing his driving for his license. That's my main goal. Then school will start up again probably the first part of September. I haven't really decided when the first day of school will be. I'm looking at the day after Labor Day. I usually plan on him finishing up his last day of school by the end of May but that's flexible too. I'm just going to take it easy this summer. First time my son's really had a summer off since he was in public school, and that was the summer of 2000! Wow, a long, long time ago. Poor kid. He won't know what to do with himself! lol!

No comments: