Wednesday, January 10, 2007

New classes, new help

My son began taking theater and chorus yesterday. He was only suppose to be taking theater, but his "girlfriend" is also taking chorus, so he decided to take it too. That's fine with me. If it takes spending time with the girl you like for him to take a class in something that he has already told me before he didn't want to take, then I'm all for it. The two classes are actually necessary for what this group is to do at the end of this "semester". The kids will be putting on a play as their final show. That's cool. As long as my son learns something and has fun, then it's all good.

After discussing my problem with Algebra, a friend told me to bring my son over to her house and she would help him with his Algebra. Never mind that her daughter is the girl my son likes. lol! Maybe though she will be able to help him enough to where he will understand the Algebra because I sure don't.

My son is also going to be taking some dance classes at the same place he takes theater. There is going to be a teen dance through the homeschool association I belong to and this place is offering the kids dance lessons. Pretty cool if you ask me. The music will be from the 40's all the way to now. I don't know what kind of dances they will be taught but any type of lessons are good. I never had dance lessons. I always copied what I saw on American Bandstand or from my friends. The one time I did take lessons, it was country and western dance and it was with my husband. Mostly it was for him because he didn't dance. He still doesn't dance. He wasn't very good at it and we just didn't "click" when we were dancing. I think I wanted to lead but really wanted him to lead me and he just didn't do that. Oh well, no one is perfect. I wouldn't mind taking some other types of dance lessons myself...salsa, swing, mambo, etc. I just like to dance. So hopefully these lessons will help my son with his dancing and he'll want to learn more. Who knows, maybe we'll have another dancer for "So You Think You Can Dance?"

No comments: