Monday, September 4, 2006

G-Day and goodbye dear Matey!

I am one of the thousands, perhaps millions of people who are saddened by the death of that famous crocodile hunter, Steve Irwin. He was killed today after being "stung" by a stingrays barb. Since the venom isn't that strong, they think that it was the impact of the barb itself...perhaps puncturing a hole into his heart. I feel for his family especially his children. As much as his wife may love Australia, I have a feeling that she will leave that country and come back to America to be closer to her own family. I would have a hard time staying somewhere that reminds me on a constant basis that my husband and the father of my children is no longer there. Maybe she will stay just so Australia Zoo will continue to live up to the high standards that Steve Irwin brought to it. Maybe her son will grow up to be another "Crocodile Hunter" although his dad will not be there to teach him as Steves dad did. I know I for one will miss Steve Irwins antics, his enthusiasm, his sense of adventure and his compassion along with his infamous words, "Crikey" and "Danger, danger, danger". We will miss you Steve-o!

No comments: