Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Should I only write about homeschooling?

I have been reading a few other blogs and they all seem to talk about other things besides just homeschooling. I started to wonder if I should talk about other things too. I do have another blog and a MySpace blog. The first one is my venting site. I don't give out that address because I keep it as my own personal online journal. Whenever I get really frustrated with things going on in my life, I go there to vent. No one else reads it (as far as I know since I've never had any comments left on it), and I don't expect anyone to read that blog. The MySpace blog is just a place where I can have fun posting crazy things like different surveys I've taken. It's also a way for me to connect with friends of mine that I don't normally get to chat with. Most of those people are under 30, although I did connect with a friend from high school. I found this homeschool blog, and was only going to use it for homeschool stuff. I find though that I want to post other things going on around me than just the homeschool things we are doing, which really isn't much. I can only write so much about my homeschool schedule that I'm writing up for next year. Besides, who wants to read only about that?

So I decided that I am going to write about more things that just homeschool stuff. For instance, I sat here this morning watching the mockingbirds flittering around in my mesquite tree and my hanging flower pots that are hanging in it. One of them snatched something out of one of the pots and took it down to the ground. I'm hoping it was some kind of bug that was possibly eating my flowers. Another bird flew down to see what the first one had. I was really enjoying watching these four birds flitter around and have fun doing bird things. I can only enjoy this when my dogs are inside as they love to chase the birds away.

Before we arranged our computer desks the way they are now, I only got to look at a wall. Now I am able to look out the back window towards our creek and the occasional cow that resides on a neighbors property. Luckily, I can't see any of the gas wells that have popped up around me from where I sit. If I was to move to my right some, then I could see the eye sore that some land owner decided to put in.

Here is a picture of what I can see from my backdoor:



Unfortunately, from this view you can see the gas well off in the distance (it's a beige dot just above the 1st fence post to the right of the gate). Luckily I can't see it from where I sit. But this gives you an idea of the view. I need to take another picture but with no recordable rain in a while, the grass and every other living thing is suffering. I love living in the country though!

No comments: