Thursday, December 18, 2008

Holiday Christmas Party

I'm having a Holiday Christmas party tomorrow. It should be lots of fun. I found several Christmas games on the internet to play. If we get them all played before the party is over, then the kids can play Guitar Hero or we might play Cranium.

I have so busy getting the house cleaned up and decorated. I haven't done as much outside as I usually do but I plan on putting more lights around my porch. It's so nice to have a big porch now to really decorate with lights. I can't put as many things out on my end tables and coffee table as before because of the little one being around. She is pulling herself up now, so she's able to reach things on the tables that I didn't think she could. But the house does look nice inside and it has that Christmasy feel to it.

I'm really looking forward to having everyone over to my house. It's going to be a mixture of people. We've got people from the teen social group, some I've never met and the kids from Judo. Some of the people coming I haven't seen in a long time. It'll be interesting to see how they interact.

I still have some things to do, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow to finish up. I'm really tired after going from store to store today, and then coming home to get more stuff picked up and put away. I've still got a sink full of dishes and I have to run the dishwasher. I'll do that before I go to bed. Hubby is coming home at noon to vacuum and mop for me. Isn't that sweet? I would do it, but I hurt my shoulder the other day picking up my granddaughter and it hasn't healed up yet (guess I should quit using it). He'll head back to work for a meeting at 4, then join us afterwards for the party. He wasn't here last year when we had the teen party, so he missed all the action. lol! Unfortunately none of the kids that came last year will be coming tomorrow. Most were in another homeschool group that we no longer belong to. Several of them weren't able to come due to other obligations either theirs or their parents. Hubby has met most of the kids coming tomorrow. It'll be nice having him home to meet my friends.

I'd better get to bed now. Long day tomorrow and if I know me, I'll be up either at 3:30 a.m., 4 a.m., 6 a.m. or what I'm hoping for is 9:30 a.m. like the other day. I just want a good nights sleep.

I'll post more about the party this weekend after it's all over. I'll be able to post about my son's bowling tournament that he's in on Sat. He's playing for a big chunk of scholarship money, so wish him luck!

No comments: